For example, the GAMSA application requires the applicant to consider the concept of “live-ability,” as it relates to downtown, asking:
- What is your downtown’s level of walkability for pedestrians?
- What are the existing residential options, availability, and price points?
- Are there any incentives available for residential rehabs, restorations, or new construction?
- Is the number of downtown residents increasing?
- Is there an adequate mix of retail businesses, service businesses, restaurants, and cultural amenities to serve the needs of residents?
- Who are the downtown partners who are helping, or can help you, implement projects to make downtown more live-able?
- LikeThinking Great on Main Street
- ShareShare Thinking Great on Main Street